CHORLEY pulled off the most dramatic of victories to reach the National North play-off final with a goal out of the blue in the second minute of added time from the man for the big occasion – substitute Adam Roscoe.

With the tie level on aggregate at 1-1 and extra time looming, Roscoe bagged the winner for Chorley, reviving memories of his wonder-strike at Boston in the semi-final play-off two seasons ago.

At the end of a torrid second half battle, the Magpies looked out on their feet against the full-timers of Kidderminster but with the home side pressing for an equaliser on the day which would have carried them through, Chorley mounted a late breakaway.

A long ball over the top was chased by Roscoe and a defender’s attempted clearance bounced off the Chorley man leaving him a clear run on goal.

He coolly made no mistake, tucking the ball into the corner of the net to trigger joyous celebrations among the 350 Magpies’ supporters.

The first opening of the match fell to the Magpies when Jason Walker was played through on goal but keeper Sam Hornby was alive the threat and raced out to smother the danger.

At the other end, Harriers’ Tyrell Waite cut inside only to shoot just wide of the near post.

But it was Chorley who seized the lead on 18 minutes. Matt Challoner played the ball down the right channel and Marcus Carver just beat the advancing Hornby to it, nudging the ball past the keeper and into the empty net.

It could have been two a couple of minutes later. Walker was brought down right on the edge of the box and Adam Blakeman’s free kick rattled the underside of the bar before being cleared.

The Magpies were clearly boosted by the goal and Carver let fly from distance only to see the ball fly over the bar.

Clear-cut chances were at a premium in a very tight and tense second half, the best effort on goal coming midway through the half when Harriers’ influential midfielder Janes McQuilkin got in a fine shot which Ritchie Branagan saved.

Minutes later Chorley had another scare when a McQuilkin free-kick skimmed the bar.

There was a lengthy stoppage in the later stages following a clash of heads between Jordan Tunnicliffe and Magpies’ substitute Roscoe, the Harriers’ defender requiring lengthy treatment and a head-bandage.

Eight minutes of added time followed and it allowed Roscoe to again steal the limelight in a thrilling finale.