TWO moments of individual brilliance in the last 20 minutes saved the Rams from a defeat in a dark, dour, ill tempered 1-1 draw at Stamford, in the Evo-Stik Premier Division.

Behind from the ninth minute when Dan Clement ghosted in at the near post on to an innocuous ball from the left and playing against 10 men for the whole of the second half, for 70 minutes it looked unlikely that the Rams would not get anything from the game.

When Richard Jones was sent off for Stamford just before half-time whistle after a robust but by no means bad tackle the expectation among the travelling fans was of the Rams going on to win.

But Jon Robinson’s side struggled to capitalise on their numerical advantage.

The prospect of a long gloomy ride home went from apprehension to expectation when with time starting to run out Jordan Smith forced his way past Lee Pugh in a sudden counter attack allowed to run into the box by a retreating defence and was upended by Alex Frost.

Smith’s spot kick was hit with precision and pace but Grant Shenton got a hand to it and turned it onto the post to prevent the home side from doubling their advantage.

Time looked to be running out for Ramsbottom until Osebi Abadaki picked up a clearance 30 yards out, danced past a defender and rifled a vicious cross-shot into the far top corner to level.

In Evo-Stik First Division North, Clitheroe hit Kendal for six, with four in reply.

Ross Dent opened the scoring as early as the second minute, with Sefton Gonzales building on that from the penalty spot - in what turned out to be the first of two for the forward.

David Lynch made it 3-0 just before the half-hour, before Zach Clark pulled one back for the visitors.

Jason Hart re-established the three-goal cushion on 34 minutes but Jordan Connerton converted a penalty for Kendal on the stroke of half-time.

Jack Kelleher made it 4-3 in the first minute of the second half, but Gonzales’ second penalty, and a 79th minute goal for Louis Mayers secured the win for Kendal, despite Connerton reducing the deficit inside the last 10 minutes.

There were mixed fortunes in the North West Counties Premier Division on Saturday, with Nelson losing 1-0 at Winsford and Barnoldswick recording a 4-1 win over St Helens Town.

Thomas Henderson completed a hat-trick after Jack Tinning opened the scoring for the home side.