EVERY day on our letters page our legal eagle Mike Corrigan answers your problems.

You can email letters or your legal queries to lancsletters@nqnw.co.uk. Here is today's question.

Q I’ve been off work for 10 months. My doctor, a consultant and the company doctor all agree that I’m unable to work. But now I’ve received a letter saying the firm is transferring me to another company under the TUPE regulations. Can you be transferred when you’re too ill to do the job?

A If all the doctors agree that you’re unfit for work then the next letter you’re likely to receive is one terminating your employment. If you work for a large firm it may be obliged to try to find a job for you that you’re capable of doing. It’s possible the firm that’s taking over may have more opportunities in this respect, so if you think this might be the case you may be advised to sit tight for the time being.

Legal questions answered by Mike Corrigan of Farleys Solicitors LLP. Farleys have offices in: Blackburn 01254 606000; Accrington 01254 606600; Burnley 01282 718000; and Manchester 0161 8359513.