A BOYFRIEND ‘consumed with jealousy’ and fuelled by cocaine and alcohol has been jailed for an ‘absolutely horrific‘ attack on his girlfriend.

Leanne Smalley was forced to flee through Clitheroe town centre barefoot and in her pyjamas after the prolonged beating and having furniture thrown at her.

Ben Parker, 30, of Addington Street, Blackburn, was jailed for 18 months for unlawful wounding and possession of ketamine, diazepam and cocaine.

He had been on the run for more than a month after the attack, but was finally arrested coming out of a friend’s house in York with drugs on him.

During his time at large he phoned the victim to claim he was ‘not going to be found’.

The sentence has been slammed by East Lancashire domestic violence charity Women’s Aid.

Vivien Blackledge from the charity said: “It seems to me that there is a real injustice in this sentencing. For someone to such courage as a victim to bring the case to court, it is amazing that the sentence is so short.”

At the time of the offence, just after midnight on Sunday, October 17, Parker was on bail for previously attacking Ms Smalley in front of their four-year-old daughter Lilly.

Prosecuting, Sarah Statham, said Ms Smalley had described their seven-year relationship as ‘volatile’.

Parker was bailed, but not allowed to contact Ms Smalley. However, they had got back together and she had not reported him for breaching his bail conditions.

Ms Smalley had returned home, locked up and gone to bed, but woke to find Parker standing over her.

He punched her in the face and began a ‘prolonged’ ordeal of dragging, kicking, punching and squeezing until she was unconscious, shouting ‘I’m going to kill you’.

He threw a pine bedside table at her.

She managed to escape and was captured on CCTV running barefoot in her pyjamas through Clitheroe town centre to her sister’s house. The police were called at 5am.

Ms Smalley was hospitalised for five days.

Parker had previous. In 1999, aged 18, he bit two men in a fight and was sent to a Young Offender Institute for three years. He also attacked a lady as she was walking home.

Ken Hind, defending, said a difficult relationship with his father - who had stabbed him - came to the fore.

Parker told his suicidal dad to ‘be a man and go and do it’.

His dad killed himself.