A football yob who killed a rival football fan has broken an order barring him attending matches, just weeks after being released from prison.

Andrew McNee, 22, was jailed for seven years and hit with a 10 year football banning order in July 2003 after admitting the manslaughter of Nathan Shaw, 17, from Nottingham.

Nathan, an apprentice plumber, died in December 2002 after McNee smashed a pint glass on the back of his head outside Yates's Wine Lodge, Burnley.

The teenager had travelled to the town to watch Nottingham Forest at Turf Moor.

McNee, of Osborn Way, Haslingden, was released last month.

He was caught by police around Turf Moor last Saturday when Burnley played Bolton Wanderers in a pre-season friendly.

It was the first home game Burnley had played since his release.

McNee was arrested on Thursday by officers from the police's anti-hooliganism branch.

He was fined £200 and ordered to pay £34 costs by Burnley magistrates after pleading guilty to breaching his banning order.

A police spokesman said: "He (McNee) was arrested on Thursday for a breach of a 10-year banning order for being in the vicinity of Turf Moor.

"He was only released from prison last month."

Just a week before Burnley kick-off the season at home to Queens Park Rangers, the club and supporters today warned yobs would not be welcome at Turf Moor.

Chief executive Dave Edmundson told anyone intent on causing trouble to stay away from the ground.

He said: "We have a zero tolerance approach to hooliganism and we will not tolerate any kind of misbehaviour."

A fans spokesman added: "Most of the troublemakers know to stay away because it's virtually impossible to get in with all the police and spotters.

"We need to encourage as many people as possible to attend the games but we don't need this type."

McNee, a member of a thug gang known as the Burnley Suicide Youth Squad, was originally charged with Nathan's murder which he denied.

He was jailed after agreeing to plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

The court heard McNee was already subject to a banning order after being deported from Vienna following an England game in 2002.

Following the sentence Nathan's parents Helen and David said they felt let down by the justice system.

Burnley players Gareth Taylor and Ian Cox as well as club staff travelled to Nottingham to pay their respects at Nathan's funeral.

And in the return fixture following Nathan's death, captain Steve Davis handed over a floral tribute before the match at Nottingham Forest's City Ground.

After Nathan's death an annual competition was set up in his memory by the Nottingham City Building Works where he was training.