Rishton United 5 Great Harwood Rovers Panthers 0

HAT-trick hero Jason Sarchet was probably one of the few players who was glad this match did not fall foul of the weather.

The Rishton hot-shot already had two goals to his name when the referee took the players back to the changing rooms when the heavens opened.

But after a 10 minute delay, the match re-started and Sarchet was able to complete his hat-trick.

For their part, Panthers played well without really looking like they were going to score.

However, the Great Harwood side created the first chance of the game when Scott Noon fired wide.

But Rishton were soon ahead when Jeremy Swinn scored at the second attempt.

They were soon 2-0 up after a flowing move down the right involving Sean Martin and Jonathan Seal and ended up with Sarchet cracking home a sweet right foot drive.

Sarchet then scored his second of the game with another crisp shot from just inside the area.

Panthers pushed forward looking to claw their way back into the game and Dominic Counsell was denied by a great save by Greg Ramsbottom.

After the extended half time break, Panthers again had a chance to reduce the deficit but Noon fired just wide after a good cross from Joseph Holden.

But the game was put beyond them when Anthony Nield's free kick caused confusion in the box and Ashley Floyd was on hand to poke the ball home.

In the closing stages, Panthers keeper Ashley Higson pulled off another great save from Floyd but Sarchet tapped home the loose ball to complete his hat-trick.

RISHTON UNITED: Greg Ramsbottom, Ashley Taylor, Adam Clarkson, Sam Hindle, Daniel Poulton, Martin Fortune, Sean Martin, Jason Sarchet, Jonathan Seal, David Kendal, Ashley Floyd, Sean Hoyle, Gary Cooper, Anthony Nield, Jermey Swinn and Thomas Bury

GREAT HARWOOD PANTHERS: Ashley Higson, Joseph Pie,m Joseph Leaver, Joseph Holden, Anthony Coates, Thomas Hayes, Elliot Hall, Matthew Stephenson, Scott Noon, Dominic Counsell, Jamie Dickinson, Christopher Guest, Philip Wooff, Matthew Yorke.