Blackpool 2 Lincoln City 0 : scorers: Daniel Shittu (39), John Murphy (89) NEW loan signing Daniel Shittu made an immediate impact in his first game in Tangerine colours writes Chris Reece.

The huge defender, who, not surprisingly, likes to be called "Big Danny", was inspirational with his bulldozing tackles and headers going further then most players can kick!

And he even popped up at the other end to score a debut goal (pictured) and help grab three more vital points.

Shittu was much needed as Pool's defending crisis worsened after an injury to skipper Ian Hughes. But no one could have prepared us for this!

On a misty afternoon an injury to Phil Thompson meant Jon O'Connor was moved to right back with Shittu filling in at centre back with McMahon retaining a 4-4-3 formation. To Pool's surprise Lincoln played a passing game instead of long ball and their first chance came when a free kick found Gareth Grant on the left but his cross in to the box eluded everyone and sailed behind for a goal kick.

At the otherend Brett Ormerod almost found strike partner John Murphy at the far post but he was beaten to it by a vital interception.

Good build-up work from Pool two minutes later saw them gain their first corner but Imps 'keeper Chris Day was well positioned to hold Shittu's goal-bound header.

Lincoln continued to edge the game in the midfield and good link-up work between Thorpe and Walker saw the latter's far post cross drift inches over the head of Gareth Grant.

Minutes later Grant headed over before Steve Holmes first headed wide then had a downward header well saved by Barnes.

This pressure gave Shittu the chance to impress using his huge strides to catch the Lincoln wingers usually following it up with a bone crunching tackle. And he made his debut really special by charging into the box to put an unstoppable header into the net after Murphy had climbed well to head a Simpson cross back towards goal. Fittingly the fog now cleared and the half ended in bright sunshine. Steve Bushell replaced Hughes for the second half. On the hour Ormerod had a great chance to score but somehow, from Murphy's low cross, he blazed his effort over the bar.

A Mike Milligan 25-yard effort trickled wide while Lincoln's Jason Barnett was adjudged to have brought down Richard Walker on the edge of the box. Wellens drove the free-kick wide and then the same player saw his through ball find Ormerod only for his effort to be blocked.

Phil Clarkson replaced Walker when Wellens drove forward and found Ormerod, who ran towards goal in a one-on-one situation with Imps keeper Chris Day.

Instead of shooting he opted to round the keeper which gave time for Imps defender Steve Welsh to thwart him. But Ormerod picked himself up and played across goal into the path of the onrushing John Murphy who made no mistake to grab his 18th goal of the campaign.

And after four minutes of stoppage time referee Mr Messias brought proceedings to an end.