POOL progressed to the final of LDV Vans Trophy thanks to an extra time strike from Martin Bullock.

The Seasiders lost the tie 2-0 on the night but a 3-1 win at Bloomfield Road in the first leg ensured that the game went into extra time with the Golden Goal rule in place.

So Bullock's goal in the 104th minute was the decider and it sets Pool up with either Cambridge or Bristol City at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Pool were not at their best in normal time, amazingly Bullock's strike in extra time was Blackpool's only shot on goal in the match.

Given the advantage the Seasiders had given themselves in the first leg, they should not have allowed Huddersfield even to take the game into extra time.

And the last thing Blackpool would have wanted was to concede an early goal but that was exactly what they did.

Rhys Day lost his man and allowed Danny Scholfield to run in on goal one-on-one with Pool keeper Phil Barnes.

Scholfield knocked the ball to Barnes' left and what followed can only be described as a rugby tackle from the Blackpool keeper.

The penalty was so obvious, the referee didn't even feel the need to point to the spot!

Barnes wasn't sent off, probably because Ian Marshall had tracked back meaning the Blackpool keeper wasn't the last man but Clive Wijnhard punished Pool by making no mistake from the penalty spot.

Pool still failed to settle down by the half hour mark and it wasnt long until Huddersfield had grabbed another to level the tie on aggregate.

Danny Scholfield was given room on the edge of the box to turn and unleash an unstoppable shot past Barnes.

John Murphy came closest for Blackpool in the remainder of the half when he was unable to beat the Huddersfield keeper from a Martin Bullock cross and then shot the rebound wide.

Blackpool were slightly better in the second half but Huddersfield were still presented with too many opportunities.

Clive Wijnhard should have got a second goal when he headed straight at Barnes after being left completely unmarked in the six-yard box.

Danny Scholfield continued to create problems for Blackpool as Pools LDV Trophy hopes were hanging on by a thread.

Pool hung on and the final whistle was blown to start extra time.

Pool were much better once the game had restarted and second half sub Ian Hughes could have won the game before Martin Bullocks' winner.

The goal itself came from an error from Huddersfield defender Gareth Evans who mis-judged a cross from the left to allow Martin Bullock opportunity to half volley home from close range.

So it's a return trip to the Millennium Stadium on March 24th for Pool and anything close to the 4-2 playoff win against Leyton Orient last season will make another grand day out for the Seasiders.

LDV Vans Trophy Northern Area Final Second Leg Huddersfield (2) 2 Blackpool (0) 1 After Extra Time AT 90 mins 2-0.

Huddersfield: Margetson, Evans, Gray, Clarke, Jenkins, Armstrong, Heary, Holland, Hay, Wijnhard, Schofield. Subs Not Used: Phillip Senior, Moses, Irons, Mattis, Macari. Booked: Evans.

Goals: Wijnhard 5 pen, Schofield 33.

Blackpool: Barnes, Jaszczun, Marshall, Day (Hughes 51), Coid, Hills, Wellens, O'Kane (Collins 83), Bullock, John Murphy, Taylor. Subs Not Used: Simpson, Pullen, Walker. Booked: Barnes, Day.

Goals: Bullock 103.

Agg (3-4) Blackpool win on Golden Goal rule.

Att: 7,736

Ref: S Mathieson (Stockport).