Two men have been jailed for their roles in a fight at a Blackburn pub.

Callum Roberts, 22, and Liam Donlin, 23, were both involved in the incident at The Mill Hill in Bridge Street on November 25.

Preston Crown Court heard the incident happened outside the pub, with CCTV footage showing a conversation between Roberts and a woman.

Something was said that caused her to hit him, and Roberts retaliated before another male, thought to be a friend of the woman, approached him.

Footage then showed Roberts kicking him, though a large amount of the struggle took place off-camera.

Callum RobertsCallum Roberts (Image: Lancashire Police)

Donlin was not involved at the start of the incident but was seen beating and kicking someone on the floor.

Roberts, of Danvers Street, Rishton, was also being sentenced for an offence of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

On August 23 police were called to another pub in Blackburn following a domestic disagreement.

Video footage showed Roberts following a woman up the street and approaching her on several occasions while holding an object in his hand.

He was later seen to throw the item away.

When police searched him they did not find anything, but a stun gun was found nearby.

Donlin, of Linwood Avenue, Darwen, was also being sentenced for an offence of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

On October 5, Donlin was outside The Postal Order Wetherspoon pub in Darwen Street with a group of males when a woman came outside and said she’d had a run-in with a member of the group.

The woman’s father then came outside and started throwing punches at the group.

He was punched to the floor, and Donlin then kicked him in the head, which resulted in his requiring stitches.

He was unconscious on the floor for several minutes.

Liam DonlinLiam Donlin (Image: Lancashire Police)

Recorder Ayesha Siddiqi, sentencing, said Donlin’s assault was “spontaneous and short-lived” but that he took advantage of the man being in a vulnerable position.

Regarding Roberts, she said the defendant now recognised how shocking possessing a firearm would have been for the woman.

All offences were committed under the influence of alcohol.

Both defendants pleaded guilty to all matters in their respective cases.

Roberts was sentenced to three years and nine months in prison.

Donlin was sentenced to 16 months in prison and given a criminal behaviour order for five years.