Two men were found in a car containing drugs with a street value of up to £20,000 as well as weapons.

Anthony Khalique, 43, and Daniel McRobb, 27, were in a white BMW belonging to McRobb that was being followed by police in Burnley.

Officers said the two men, on September 25, 2021, engaged in a conversation with another man before McRobb drove off, with Khalique in the passenger seat.

Emily Land, prosecuting at Burnley Crown Court, said it was at this point the officers pulled in front of the BMW and spoke to the two men, as they believed a drug deal had taken place.

When searched, McRobb was found to have a black iPhone and a black Nokia phone.

Khalique was found with a Samsung phone, £910 in cash, and a plastic bag which had takeaway containers containing several bags of white powder.

A search of the vehicle uncovered further cash, another Samsung phone, and a cosh and a knuckle duster in a gym bag on the back seat.

McRobb’s home was searched and a further £2,750 was seized.

When tested, the white powder was found to be cocaine at around 250g, with a street value of up to £20,000 – though potentially less due to the low purity.

Kristian Cavanagh, mitigating for McRobb, said his client was “ashamed” of his behaviour.

Zarreen Alam-Cheetam, for Khalique, said he was remorseful for his actions and he was “totally disgusted with himself.”

She added Khalique had told her he wanted to volunteer at Inspire to help others turn their lives around.

Khalique, of Rectory Road, Burnley, pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A; two counts of possession of an offensive weapon; and acquiring criminal property.

McRobb, of Duke Street, Burnley, pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A; acquiring criminal property; and being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine.

Recorder Charlotte Dean said both men were “reformed characters” since the offences were committed more than two-and-a-half years ago.

She said no explanation had been given for the delay in proceedings.

Both Khalique and McRobb were sentenced to two years in prison suspended for two years, with 180 hours of unpaid work.