This aerial view of the Brockhall Hospital site, Langho, from 1984 shows what a large complex the hospital was.

The original main building from 1904 is in the centre of the picture - the building with four large chimneys. Male and female patients were kept segregated with each having their own series of residential blocks.

Brockhall closed in 1992 and the land sold for housing.