A PERSON has been rescued from a house by firefighters.

Emergency services were called to a kitchen fire on Dale Street in Accrington on Friday evening.

One person, who was still inside the building, was rescued and treated for smoke inhalation.

A spokesman said: “Four fire engines from Hyndburn and Blackburn attended a kitchen fire in a flat on Dale Street in Accrington.

“Firefighters rescued one casualty suffering from smoke inhalation.

“The fire service used a positive pressure ventilation fan and were in attendance for around an hour.”