A fire in the toilet area of a business prompted fire crews to demonstrate the importance of closing doors to help contain blazes.

Firefighters were called to a business in Lincoln Way. Clitheroe, just after 7.30am this morning (November 22).

Four engines attended and the fire was contained in the toilet area of the property.

Lancashire Fire said that the incident 'demonstrated the importance of keeping doors closed' as this meant the damage was contained to just one room.

Crews from Clitheroe, Hyndburn, and Great Harwood used lighting and thermal imaging cameras to extinguish the blaze.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "At 07:36 on November 22, four fire engines from Clitheroe, Hyndburn, and Great Harwood attended a commercial building fire on Lincoln Way, Clitheroe.

"The incident involved a toilet area inside a commercial property. Firefighters used lighting and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.

"They were in attendance for one and a half hours."