A TEENAGE girl was beaten ‘black and blue’ and had her clothes ripped from her body in a terrifying attack by three older women.

The 14-year-old was forced to stay inside a cupboard for around 20 minutes by the violent trio Angel Moore, Harriet Hallam and Yvonne McCrudden – who remains on the run from police.

During the ordeal the victim was told to get inside a dog cage before one of the girls set the animal on her, Preston Crown Court heard.

There was also a suggestion that she had been stabbed in the face.

The four girls had been at Hallam’s Accrington home drinking and taking drugs before the incident took place.

Prosecutor Jane Dagnall explained how the younger teen had befriend Moore, then 19, a number of years before the attack.

“On the evening of May 14, the victim, Moore, Hallam and McCrudden spent time together at the house in Accrington. It is safe to say that drugs were taken by all and there were arguments. Eventually things turned ugly and assault was committed,” she said.

The prosecutor went on to describe a ‘chaotic scene’ in which the victim was punched, had cups thrown at her, water poured over her and the clothes torn from her body.

Ms Dagnall added: “Eventually, even though half of her clothes were missing, and they were laughing at her, she was able to escape. She fell down the stairs and had no phone.

“She knocked on random doors and was crying, she asked for the police and her mum, she was very distressed.”

Both Moore and Hallam appeared at the court to be sentenced, while McCrudden, who has been the subject of police appeals in recent days, has not been found. A warrant was issued for her arrest.

In defence it was heard how both women, who were of good character, have abstained from alcohol use since the incident.

Sentencing, Judge David Potter said: “Alcohol and drugs had been taken by all, there were arguments and tempers flared.

“You Harriet Hallam, rang Yvonne McCrudden to come round and she attended.

"Things turned ugly once McCrudden was present. The girl was, on the evidence I have seen, fully merciless over the course of a protracted and persistent incident.

“You Moore, hit her, and her nose started to bleed. You, McCrudden and Hallam then persisted in a significant and violent assault on the teenager, during which she had items thrown at her.

“She was at one point forced into a cupboard where she was required to remain for 20 minutes.

"She was ordered into a dog cage but she did not in fact go in.

“This was cowardly behaviour by three people on one person, which was, I stress, a prolonged and sustained assault by all three females present.

“As a result she was a complete mess.

"She left the house with half her clothes missing, bleeding and bruised.”

Saying he was satisfied that there was ‘realistic prospect of rehabilitation in both cases’ Judge Potter sentenced both women to a period of 14 months in custody suspended for two years.

Moore, of Selby Street, Nelson, will undertake 30 days rehabilitation requirement and will be subject to a curfew between 9pm and 7am for three months.

Hallam, of Herbert Street, Burnley must also undertake 30 days of rehabilitation activity requirement and a 60 day alcohol monitoring requirement was attached.