THIS is probably one of the last photographs taken of Blackburn’s greyhound stadium before it closed and was subsequently demolished.

The picture was taken in early 1984 and the stadium would come down that summer to make way for a Tesco supermarket which still stands today.

The first races were held at the stadium off Hill Street in 1933 and would continue for almost 50 years. In the Seventies and Eighties racing was held three nights a week - on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.