SEVEN men have been jailed for a total of more than two hundred years for killing an innocent law student in broad daylight.

Aya Hachem, 19, had been walking along King Street in Blackburn when she was fatally struck by a bullet fired from the back of a Toyota Avensis.

She died almost immediately.

Aya Hachem live blog: Blackburn teenager’s killers to be sentenced

On Tuesday a jury found seven men guilty of the murder of Aya and at the attempted murder of Pachah Khan.

This morning they were sentenced by the Honourable Mr Justice Turner at Preston Crown Court.

Feroz Suleman: The Ringleader

The ringleader and the man who held a fatal grudge against his business rival Pachah Khan was jailed for life with a minimum term of 34 years.

Suleman had been at the centre of the botched plot, roping in some of his closest associates to help him in his bid to kill Mr Khan – who he had been embroiled in a bitter feud with over business matters.

Zamir Raja: The Gunman

The hired hitman from Manchester who misfired the bullet intended for Pachah Khan and ended up killing Aya Hachem was jailed for life with a minimum of 34 years.

Raja had been recruited in to help as someone who had a knowledge of firearms and where to get them.

Ayaz Hussain: The Steward

Hussain, who acted as the link between Raja and Suleman, will spent the next 32 years behind bars.

One of Feroz Suleman’s most-trusted mercenaries, Hussain attended meetings with hitman Raja before the shooting took place, helping to ensure everyone was in the right place at the right time.

Anthony Ennis: The Getaway Driver

Volatile Anthony Ennis, who could be seen screaming and shouting at the jury when he was found guilty of murder on Tuesday, has been jailed for 33 years.

Ennis, from Partington, Manchester, became involved in the plan through Zamir Raja, who needed someone to drive him along King Street at the time of the shooting.

And he did just that, travelling from Greater Manchester to Blackburn with Raja before getting behind the wheel of the Toyota Avensis as Raja sat in the back ready to kill.

Abubakr Satia: The Car Dealer

The eldest of the two Satia brothers found guilty of murder was jailed for a minimum of 28 years.

Abubakr, a close friend of Feroz Suleman, purchased the Toyota Avensis used in the shooting and helped with preparations and cleaning up after the event.

Uthman Satia: The Chauffeur

Uthman Satia, who became involved by agreeing to act as a chauffeur for the two Manchester Men, was jailed for 28 years.

He acted in tandem with his pregnant girlfriend Judy Chapman, who has been found guilty of manslaughter, to transport the gunman and his driver to and from Blackburn before and after the shooting.

Kashif Manzoor: The Busboy

Manzoor, arguably Suleman’s closest friend, has been described throughout proceedings as a ‘bully victim’ who would drop everything to assist with any task put upon him by Feroz.

And he did just that when he helped to jump-start the faulty Toyota Avensis just moments before the fatal incident took place.

He was also implicated through text messages sent to Rabia Shah, Feroz Suleman’s girlfriend, the night before the shooting – including one which read: ‘You’ll find out tomorrow, probably read about it in the papers’.

He was jailed for life with a minimum term of 27 years.

Chapman will be sentenced for her role at a later date.

​The seven defendants have been jailed for a combined total of 216 years. 

Speaking after the sentencing, Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Zoe Russo from Lancashire’s Force Major Investigation Team (FMIT), said: “Today is the conclusion of what has been one of the most complex, widespread and meticulous investigations that Lancashire Police has ever undertaken. I personally have never worked on anything of this scale and it is certainly a case I will never forget.

“As an investigation team, our aim was always clear; to get justice for Aya – an innocent young woman with so much promise who was killed as she was going to the supermarket– during the holy month of Ramadan, and her family. With today’s results, I hope that they feel we have achieved that.

“This group tried to cover their tracks in a variety of different ways, for example using burner phones, disposing of electronic data and in the case of Raja and Ennis, fleeing the country to mainland Europe. Thankfully, we were able to get to the truth of what happened and get the people responsible.

“I would like to thank the public, particularly the community of Blackburn, for their support during this investigation, and the many officers and staff who worked incredibly hard to get to the truth to secure the convictions of the eight people who played key roles.

“Finally, my thoughts very much remain with Aya’s family, who I know will never get over their loss. I hope that now this long trial has concluded and the people responsible for her death are in prison where they belong, they can start the long journey to rebuild their lives and find happiness again.”