A MAN told his pregnant sister he would "get" her with a machete and he didn't care if she "had a kid inside her.

Blackburn magistrates heard the terrified sister had previously had to barricade her door after Connor Gorton tried to kick in because of a row over money.

"She was scared for her own safety and that of her unborn child," said Andy Robinson, prosecuting.

"She says she has seen him with a machete before."

Gorton, 21, of Hapton Street, Burnley, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and using threatening behaviour.

He was jailed for eight weeks after the magistrates heard he had been recalled on prison licence and would be behind bars until June 2022. He was made subject to a restraining order which prohibits any contact with his sister for 12 months.

Mr Robinson said Molly Gorton was at home on Monday when her brother turned up at her house and started kicking at the door.

"The issue was money which he seemed to believe she had taken off their brother who she was looking after," said Mr Robinson.

"She had to barricade the door to stop him from getting in."

Two days later she received the messages demanding money and making threats involving the machete.

Salima Akhtar, defending, said her client was extremely sorry for causing the upset to his sister.

"He feels protective towards his younger brother and he thought his sister was keeping back some of his money," said Miss Akhtar.

"Prior to this he and his sister got on very well."

Miss Akhtar said the defendant's partner was due to give birth in three weeks and he was extremely upset he was going to miss that event.

In 2019 Gorton was sentenced for burglary after he was caught out by blood left behind at the scene of his crime – after he was attacked by a territorial family cat.

Burnley Crown Court heard after Gorton raided the house with an accomplice his victims received a phone call taunting them hours later.

And in the morning, victim Beth Carr noticed their cat was limping and there was blood on the walls, leading her to believe it had attacked the then 18-year-old.

When police arrested Gorton they found scratch marks on his face.

he was sentenced to 36 months in a young offenders institution and was banned from driving for 30 months.