Taken in 1992 this aerial view of Little Harwood includes one of the last glimpses of the Lion Brewery which had been an integral part of the area for decades but which closed down the previous year.

There had actually been a brewery on the site as far back as 1875. Whalley Old Road runs from the bottom of the picture to Whitebirk Drive towards the top right of the photo