ONE person was treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation after a washing machine fire.

At 5,30pm on Monday, two fire engines from Blackburn attended a fire at a property on Wensley Road, Blackburn.

The fire involved a washing machine in the kitchen of an end terraced house.

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel, lighting, small tools and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire and make the scene safe.

One casualty was assessed by ambulance personnel after suffering smoke inhalation and minor burn injuries.

Crews finally left the house at 7.45pm.