TWO coronavirus victims have spoken out about catching the infection and how fast it spreads within the family.

Pendle residents Sarah Bradshaw and Janet Philbrook Parkinson experienced first-hand how quickly Covid-19 after being infected over the Christmas period.

They have reminded people how important it is to remain vigilant and follow the national regulations.

Mrs Bradshaw, 33, a marketing manager who lives in Higham, experienced the first signs of the virus on Christmas Eve.

She said: “My eyes were aching, so much so that I had to turn the lights off.

"I thought it was just a bit of a headache and didn't really think much more of it.

“But on Christmas Day it started again. I just thought it was the flu but it was the virus.

“Unfortunately, my husband, my parents and my in-laws also went on to catch the virus and have all been the same if not worse.

“I never thought I would become so ill from Covid. But it absolutely floored me!

“We have been so careful. We've had our shopping delivered since March, we've only had contact with those in our childcare bubble and we still managed to catch it.

“Put your health and the health of your loved ones first."

Nelson's Mrs Parkinson - artistic director at the Stage Door Youth Theatre in Colne was hit by the effects of the virus on Boxing Day.

She said: "It was truly awful.

“I'd been following the rules and guidance and doing really well.

“Then bam! On Boxing Day, it took me down!

“My husband tested positive for it on December 23 and I was already in isolation.

“January 5 was the first day I was actually able to do anything for longer than five minutes.

“It scared me at the beginning when I realised what was happening. My mum contracted Covid when she had pneumonia. Her health deteriorated and she died a few months later.

“If anyone thinks they are immune to this virus they need to think again."

Cllr Mohammed Iqbal, leader of Pendle Council, said: “We are grateful to Sarah and Janet for sharing their stories to help us get across the message that anyone can catch this virus."