DOG WALKERS have been warned about a possible piece of poisoned cheese left in the Ribble Valley.

Police officers say that they have received reports that the cheese may have been left on Grindleton Fell.

As such they have warned that anyone walking their dogs in the area should take care that their pets do not accidentally consume the poisoned cheese.

As yet Ribble Valley Neighbourhood Policing Team have not revealed how they believe the poisoned cheese came to be placed in the area.

Members of the public who come across anything suspicious can report it to police by phoning 101 or by emailing