THE shocking moment a Range Rover pulled out directly into the path of a double-decker bus causing a serious accident was caught on a dashcam.

Nobody was seriously injured as a result of the smash – though the bus driver and passengers have been left severely ‘shaken-up’ by the collision.

The incident took place on Sunday afternoon as the X43 bus, which runs from Burnley to Manchester, was travelling along the A682 close to Clowbridge near Burnley.

The footage, caught by a car travelling towards the bus, shows the moment a blue Range Rover pulls out of a side road and onto the 50mph carriageway – the driver seemingly not noticing the double-decker bus speeding towards them.

The two vehicles then smash together before the bus driver sharply turns into the opposite lane, careering off the road and onto the grass verge.

Two air ambulances were called and several paramedics attended the scene before a number of patients were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Lancashire Telegraph:

The bus driver’s son and daughter have now spoken out about the incident, saying it was nothing short of ‘amazing’ how their dad escaped with so few injuries.

Commenting on a video of the incident that has been shared over 1,000 times, Connor Smith said: “That was my dad driving this bus. He’s been in hospital but is already discharged now. Not even a broken bone. Amazing really.”

On the same piece of footage, Emily Jo Smith, who said she is the driver’s daughter, added: “He is doing okay thank God and will be coming home soon with cuts and bruises.”

The general manager of the Burnley Bus Company, Steve Ottley, has now confirmed that the driver is at home recovering from the traumatic experience.

Mr Ottley added: “Our concern first and foremost was for our driver and the customers on board the bus when the accident happened.

“Thankfully our driver, whilst shaken by the incident, was checked over at hospital and was able to go home to get some rest later in the evening.

“We understand that three customers also had to attend hospital with injuries, but they are also now doing fine.

“We are grateful for the quick attendance of the ambulance service to make sure everyone was safe, as well as the professionalism of our driver.”

Lancashire Telegraph: