RESIDENTS are being warned to keep their windows closed after a fire at a business.

Blackburn with Darwen Police posted on social media about the news. 

A spokesman said:"A fire has broken out at Neales Waste Management on Stanley Street in Blackburn. 

"The fire service is in attendance but the smoke is spreading to the surrounding area.

"Residents in the area are being urged to keep their doors and windows shut."

A Lancashire Fire Service spokesman said: "Four fire engines from Blackburn and Hyndburn along with an aerial ladder platform from Preston attended a fire in a single storey commercial building containing a quantity of waste, on Stanley Street in Blackburn.

"Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used four jets to bring the fire under control.

"One fire engine remains at the incident damping down."

- Have you been affected email your news and photos to