A PUB and a restaurant have both closed after customers tested positive for coronavirus.

Staff at The Street Food Kitchen and Bar on Market Street and also The Crown Inn on Greave Road in Bacup posted on social media about temporary closures of their businesses.

In a statement, Street Food Kitchen bosses said: "We have decided that we will be shutting our SFK doors from tonight due to one of our customers testing positive for Covid-19 this morning, who was in on the weekend of August 22.

"None of our staff members have been showing symptoms but we will still be getting tested.

"Ourselves and staff are getting tested along with a deep clean to be carried out effective immediately.

"We will keep you all updated as of when we will be back open, until then please bear with us as we are trying our best to make sure everyone is safe first.

"For any customers that have visited us in the past two weeks we would advise to call in at a free walk-in test centre and get yourself tested."

Meanwhile, the Crown Inn also shared news of its closure after a customer tested positive for coronavirus.

As a 'precautionary measure', the pub shut on Friday for a deep clean and fogging to be carried out and for all staff to be tested.

A statement added: "Once the deep clean has taken place and all members of staff have been fully tested, we will then update you further on when we will back open.

"For any customers who have visited over the bank holiday weekend, in particular Bank Holiday Sunday and Monday, we would advise for your own peace of mind and safety to call in at a free walk in test centre and get yourself tested to be sure. The nearest one is located on the car park next to Burnley Tesco or a test can be booked via the NHS website for locations in Accrington and Nelson.

"We wish our customer a speedy recovery and hope they feel better soon.

"To all of our other customers please stay safe and if you have any concerns or need any more information please do not hesitate to message us on Facebook."

It comes after the Lancashire Telegraph reported the Old Chapel Wetherspoon pub in Darwen said it will remain open despite two members of staff testing positive for coronavirus, with six other staff now required to self-isolate for 14 days.