FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a fire at a house on Bath Street, Blackburn last night at around midnight.

Waste had been allowed to build up behind the house which had then caught fire, thus setting the back of the house alight too.

Firefighters managed to put out the blaze using a single hose reel.

A spokesman for the service said: "We would advise people, especially those who may be self isolating to store extra waste away from the property.

The call came after a series of nuisance hoax calls which had fortunately died down by midnight.