A PERSON had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Bacup.

The incident took place on Flag Street, just after midnight this morning.

A Lancashire Fire Service spokesman said: "On arrival they found the fire involved the bedroom of the property.

"Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control using four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a ventilation unit.

"There was one casualty reported to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. They were handed over to the care of paramedics at the scene."