A MAN has suffered severe burns as a result of a fire involving a chip pan and a tumble dryer.

The fire happened at the ground floor of a property in Edward Drive, Clitheroe, at 7.15pm yesterday.

Crews from Clitheroe Fie Station and one from Great Harwood attended the incident and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly extinguished the fire using a hose reel.

A male occupant was treated by firefighters for burns prior to the arrival of paramedics. He was then taken to hospital.

A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters used breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire, which involved a tumble dryer and chip pan.

"Please remember to never leave the pan unattended, but ideally use a deep fat fryer as they have thermostat control.

"One male suffered severe burns due to the chip pan fire."

It is not thought anybody else was injured in the incident.

Firefighters were at the scene for approximately one hour and thirty minutes.