A 'LOVED' mother-of-two who was suffering with mental health issues took her own life by taking her estranged husband's medication, an inquest heard.

Jade Marie Pask was found unconscious at her home in Coal Clough Lane, Burnley, in October last year.

The inquest heard the 24-year-old's family had not heard from her and went to visit.

They discovered the former Sir John Thursby Community College pupil, who went on to work at Dove Court Care Home in Burnley, on her bed surrounded by opened packets of antidepressant medication.

A statement made by Martin Pask, Mrs Pask's estranged husband, which was read to the hearing, saying he had not taken his anxiety medication for around a year - which was still being delivered to Mrs Pask's address where he was no longer living.

He said: "She said she wanted to end her life.

"I did not take it literally. She made comments all the time."

A CT scan revealed there was not a natural cause of death and, following a toxicology report, discovered levels of an anti-depressant which were within the fatal dose range.

The inquest heard the medical cause of death was antidepressant toxicity.

Suzie Scott, a care co-ordinator who had started seeing Mrs Pask in 2015, said she had been diagnosed with bipolar and emotional unstable personality disorder, and had relied on the team for practical support.

She said: "She did absolutely fantastic, she was a very strong-willed person.

"We supported her to get stable with her medication, she was doing well with that.

"She wanted to stop her medication for the sake of her children.

"She was very determined, she did very, very well.

"She was quite stable for quite some time.

"The children kept her going through some of the difficulties she had."

East Lancashire coroner Richard Taylor asked Ms Scott if Mrs Pask had ever spoken about taking her own life, and Ms Scott said before March she never made threats to take her own life, but when things got difficult she did say she wanted to run away.

However in March she made a statement saying: "If my kids were adopted I would end my life," said Ms Scott.

The inquest heard Mrs Pask would see her two children, a boy and girl, under supervised visits, but that was not as often as she wanted.

Ms Scott said she had issues with her children.

The inquest heard she had taken overdoses in September and August last year, and when she was stressed or feeling low she became impulsive.

Having come off her medication earlier last year, Mr Taylor said Mrs Pask was considering going back onto it.

Ms Scott said an appointment was made for Mrs Pask to speak to the care corordinators on October 4, but she never attended.

Speaking at the inquest, Sgt Daniel Gunn said there were no signs of criminal activity.

Sgt Gunn said, after officers examined her phone, there were messages found saying she 'did not want to be here anymore'.

Recording a conclusion of suicide, Mr Taylor, said: "I have an image of a young lady who was very troubled and upset about the status of her children, while herself under the care of mental health services.

"She had done well in her treatment but her condition meant that mood swings were inevitable.

"I can see from messages she sent saying goodbye and apologising that she had done a deliberate act when taking a lot of medication, that sadly proved fatal."

Speaking to the family, he said: "I offer my sincere condolences to you all and thank you for coming today."

After the hearing, a family spokesman said to the Lancashire Telegraph: "She loved her children so much.

"She was very strong and well loved."

Anyone can contact Samaritans free any time on 116 123.