Fire crews attended to a fire in a sauna on Thursday morning.

At around 5.30am, two crews from Rawtenstall and Burnley attended to the blaze at the rear of a property on Goodshaw Lane in Crawshawbooth.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "The fire involved a sauna attached to the rear of an outbuilding which was well alight.

"We think the sauna had been left on overnight and some of the logs had fallen out and caught fire.

"Neighbours woke this morning to see flames coming from the summer house, where the sauna was located, and had alerted the occupiers who in turn called us out.

"Firefighters used one hearth kit and a hose reel to extinguish the fire and were at the scene for an hour.

"The sauna was completely destroyed by fire."

No injuries were reported.