A FATHER-of-four from East Lancashire was stabbed to death after falling victim to a ‘hate-filled’ feud between two families in the West Midlands, a court has heard.

Yasir Hussain, from Nelson, died after being found with fatal stab wounds in the Lower Gornal area of Dudley on December 4 last year.

The 34-year-old was said to be uninvolved in the feud, which had seen a number of incidents take place between the two families.

He was ambushed by a group of men, brandishing knives, machetes and metal bars, after the Fiesta he was sitting in with his cousin, Morrad Hussain, was rammed from behind by a van and pushed into the Golden City Chinese takeaway.

Morrad managed to escape down an alley, before Yasir was attacked with knives and a machete, the jury at Birmingham Crown Court heard.

Nabeel Choudhary, 21, from West Bromwich, and Arkash Tasleem, 24, from Walsall, each deny his murder.

The violent ambush on December 4 followed a series of ‘tit for tat incidents’ between the warring families, the jury heard.

James Curtis QC, prosecuting, said: “This case is about a violent feud between two families in the Dudley area which ended up with one side trying to run one of the other side over.

“Then a few days later attempted attacking and killing another member of the other side at the end of last year. Morrad Husain was the intended target but he wasn’t the one that was killed.

“Also in the car was his cousin, Yasir Hussain, who was not involved in the feud. Tragically, he was the one who was killed.”

The court heard how days before the incident, Morrad Hussain’s brother-in-law, Mohammed Waseem, was the victim of a hit-and-run attack in Dudley.

The prosecution alleges it was Choudhary who deliberately drove at the man in a Seat, causing him multiple injuries.

With tensions running high, Morrad Hussain, a takeaway delivery driver, asked his cousin, Yasir Hussain, to accompany him on deliveries.

While parked nearby, seven men spilled out of a van after it rammed into the back of Morrad Hussain’s car.

Mr Curtis said Morrad later identified the two who got out of the front as Choudhary and Tasleem, with the former allegedly brandishing a firearm and Tasleem carrying a machete.

Yasir Hussain was said to be unarmed, alone and unprotected when he was attacked. He suffered three stab wounds to his back, one believed to have been caused by a machete.

Mr Curtis added: “There was clearly a belief on each side that they would be victimised in a vendetta or a blood feud.”