Firefighters attended a tumble dryer fire in a kitchen.

Crews were called to Ivy Street in Burnley at around 10.44am on Friday.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "Two fire engines from Burnley attended a tumble dryer fire within a domestic property on Ivy Street, Burnley.

"Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a hearth kit and a positive ventilation fan to extinguish the fire."

Firefighters were in attendance for approximately forty five minutes, and damage is thought to have been limited to the downstairs of the property.