A FATHER-OF-TWO caught with three stun guns has been warned he faces jail.

Burnley Crown Court heard security guard Mohsun Akbar had claimed two of the stun guns found in his blue Audi on March 22 last year were left there half an hour earlier by an unnamed man who had hired his car for two weeks.

That account had been accepted by the prosecution.

However the court heard while on bail for that offence police had found a Taser disguised as a torch in the top drawer of a wardrobe in the defendant’s bedroom.

Akbar, who had been living in Richmond Road, Accrington, at the time that offence was committed on August 9 claimed he had ordered a child’s laser torch from online retailer Wish.

However he claimed they had mistakenly sent him the stun gun device, which was disguised as a torch.

The 30-year-old had pleaded guilty to three offences of possession of a prohibited weapon at a court hearing earlier this year.

Prosecutor Paul Brookwell said with regards to the disguised torch Akbar pleaded guilty on the basis he had intended to buy his child a torch but the website had sent the wrong item. That was not accepted by the prosecution and therefore a trial of the issue was held in front of Judge Andrew Woolman.

The court heard that Judge Nicholas Barker had ordered Akbar to provide police with full access to his online shopping Wish account following his last appearance in the dock. That was after Akbar claimed he had documentation proving Wish, which does legitimately sell stun gun devices as well as torches, had sent him the wrong device.

However the court heard Akbar had failed to comply with that order.

Akbar did give Det Cons Alex Summers full access to his phone.

DC Summers said Akbar’s account history showed he had ordered the laser device from the website on July 19 and it had arrived on July 31.

The officer confirmed he had scene a review on Akbar’s Wish account, dated July 31 in which he wrote: “Not happy. Got sent totally the wrong thing. Ended up with a torch with a spark thing. Not happy. Would like a refund.”

The Taser was found by police in a plastic bag eight days later.

When asked by defence barrister Philip Holden why he hadn’t returned it, Akbar said: “I was process of sending it back. Because I had been working full time I didn’t have chance. I did telephone them. They gave me an address to post it back to.” Before I could the police took it.”

When asked by Judge Woolman if there was the option of sending an email to Wish complaining about being sent the wrong item, Akbar, now of Kings Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, said: “I put it in a review.”

Rejecting Akbar’s explanation about the Taser in the wardrobe, Judge Woolman said: “I don’t believe the defendant. I am sure his account is untrue. The whole defence is a construct in my judgement. I am rejecting his basis of plea on that offence. I am finding he was the custodian of that stun gun.

“This is a man who is in danger of going to prison.”

He will be sentenced on August 9.