WORKERS at a wallpaper factory were evacuated as a fire broke out in its ventilation system.

Firefighters from Blackburn, Hyndburn and Darwen were called to Graham and Brown in Harwood Street, Blackburn, at 6.15pm on Sunday.

A fire service spokesman said the fire started on the ground floor in the ducting system.

The spokesman said: "The business did the correct thing by evacuating its staff and alerting the fire service.

READ > Blackburn couple's dream Jamaican wedding trip became 'living hell'

"Crews were there for four hours in total, but only one pump remained after the first hour to make sure the fire had been completely put out.

"No one was injured and the fire was not suspicious."