A ‘LOVED’ mother died suddenly in her home in an unexplained death, a coroner ruled.

The inquest at Blackburn Town Hall heard Sharon Jean White was found ‘unresponsive’ on the dining room floor of her Clitheroe home in July.

Vomit was found beside the 48-year-old when paramedics arrived while her pupils were fixed and dilated, signalling irreversible brain damage, the inquest was told. Coroner James Newman ruled the death as ‘unascertainable’.

Ms White’s sister, who did not want to be named, said: “I loved my sister very much and always have done. I miss her very much.”

The inquest heard Ms White had bipolar disorder and had been taking the drug, lithium, used in the treatment of major depressive disorders.

On one occasion, Ms White overdosed on paracetamol in 2003 and just a month prior to her death was said to have suicidal thoughts.

Paramedics were called to Monk Street, Clitheroe, at around 1.05am on July 18. Ms White had phoned them after she complained of feeling a shortness of breath and feared she had lithium poisoning.

Travelling from Blackburn, an ambulance crew arrived within 20 minutes and knocked on her door, but no one answered. The paramedics called Ms White but again there was no answer. They then spoke with the fire service as they prepared to break into her property.

Before the fire services were set to arrive, three paramedics went to the back of the house and looked through the kitchen window. They saw Ms White lying unconscious on the dining room floor.

The paramedics entered Ms White’s home. The inquest heard there were no signs of Ms White breathing and she was declared dead.

Forensic pathologist Charles Brown said the death ‘unascertainable’ after being unable to find out how Ms White died in the lead up to her cardiac arrest. He said: “I have no idea why her heart failed.”

Recording an open conclusion, Mr Newman said: “I offer my deepest sympathies.”