A BRICKLAYER from Blackburn needs plastic surgery after his eyelid was sliced when glass was thrown at his face in a nightclub attack, a court heard.

Cherelle Brown hurled a glass or bottle at Samuel Litherland at point-blank range, at the former Switch venue in Blackburn, Burnley Crown Court was told.

But the 26-year-old mother insisted she had not intended to cause Mr Litherland serious harm as a result of the attack on May 28 last year.

Prosecutors say there was “bad blood” between the pair after Brown had a child with one of his apprentices.

Brown, of Park Lee Road, Blackburn, pleaded guilty to unlawfully wounding Mr Litherland.

But she pleaded not guilty to intending to cause him grievous bodily harm.

Jurors were sworn in for her trial but prosecutor Peter Barr later offered no evidence on the GBH charge and Brown was remanded on bail for sentence until March 18.

Earlier Mr Barr told the jury Brown, when she initially saw Mr Litherland at the nightclub, threw a drink over him and had to be ushered away.

But when she returned moments later, CCTV footage captured the moment she throws a glass or bottle at his face, the court was told.

Giving evidence, Mr Litherland said: “I went down on one knee and my eye was full of blood.

“I have gone down and put my hand up to my eyes because I couldn’t really see anything.

“I could just see white dots before my eyes.”

The court heard Mr Litherland was taken to hospital for treatment, where he encountered Brown again.

He told jurors she was “screaming at him”, asking him why he was saying he had glassed her when she had not been out that night.

“She had got changed from what she had on earlier,” he added.

Mr Litherland told the court he was due to seek plastic surgery for his eye injury in Manchester.

Because he was a bricklayer, dusty conditions on-site would aggravate his condition, he added.

Earlier he said that, when he spotted Brown in the club, he suspected he was going to have a drink poured over him, given previous confrontations between the pair.

Interviewed after her arrest, Brown told police she had little recollection of the incident because she had been drinking but she had not intended to cause Mr Litherland a serious injury.