TWO people were taken to hospital after a house fire in Blackburn.

The incident took place on Railton Avenue at 9.32am this morning.

A Lancashire Fire spokesman said: "Two crews from Blackburn attend the scene and fans were used to divert smoke from the property.

"The fire started on the settee but we don't know the cause of it and an investigation has been launched.

"Two people in the building were taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

"The crews were there for around 50 minutes."