Fire chiefs have issued important kitchen safety advice after a pan caught fire at a property in Whalley.

The fire started in the kitchen of a house in Mitton Road at around 2.20 on Tuesday afternoon.

Two crews attended the incident and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.

Luckily there was no-one hurt, but the fire service have warned people not to become distracted while cooking.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "Please take care when cooking and do not leave any pans unattended."

Last year there were more than 500 cooking fires in Lancashire, with many caused by people getting distracted.

The spokesperson continued: "Take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you're called away from the cooker; do not overfill a pan with oil and do not store items on cooker hobs.

"If a pan catches fire do not throw water over it."

For more fire safety advice, please visit