A WOMAN and her two children had to flee their home after a bedroom fire started when their dog knocked over a candle.

Fire services were called to Morley Avenue, Blackburn, at around 3pm today.

The blaze broke out after a candle was knocked over in the upstairs bedroom, crews said.

A woman, in her 30s, suffered a small burn to her hand after she tried to put the fire out.

Paramedics arrived shortly after the house evacuation and treated the wound. No one was taken to hospital.

The woman's two dogs and cat were also taken from the home.

Blackburn fire station crew manager Ally O' Donnell said the fire was accidental and added: "Please be careful and do not leave candles unattended."