A 21-YEAR-OLD mum died after losing control of her car and crashing into a tree, an inquest heard.

Preston Coroners Court heard Holly Marie Carter, from Leigh Park in Hapton, was pronounced dead at the scene after crashing on the A679 Accrington Road at around 5.45am on October 26 last year.

The inquest heard after losing control of her white Vauxhall Corsa it span and travelled sideways down the road and crashed through a fence close to the Bentley Wood Farm pub.

PC Rachel Carberry ruled she lost control 'due to excessive speed and inaccurate steering down the road'.

Gail Kirby, Holly's mum, said she was surprised to hear she was speeding, and paid tribute to her daughter.

She said at the inquest: "She was a brilliant driver as far as I'm concerned.

"She was a wonderful daughter, a wonderful sister, and a wonderful mother.

"She had everything to live for.

"She was full of fun and full of life.

"She loved going on holidays abroad."

A postmortem from Dr Mark Sissons ruled Miss Carter, who was born in Blackburn, died from multiple injuries including a fractured skull, torn aorta, fractured femur and damaged to her spleen and kidneys.

Coroner James Newman said she would have died 'immediately' following the crash and would not have suffered pain.

The inquest also heard there were no substances in her body which would have contributed to the crash.

PC Carberry said Miss Carter, a restaurant manager, had been coming round the left hand bend of the road when she lost control.

Using CCTV footage she estimated she would have been driving between 61 and 69mph when she travelling towards the pavement on the road which has a 50mph speed limit.

Mr Newman concluded the cause of death was a road traffic accident.

He said: "This is a tragic case of a very young person who had her whole life in front of her.

"She suffered catastrophic and immediately fatal injuries. "

A statement from eyewitness Gaynor Denny said she saw Miss Carter's car spin sideways and travel down the road with the 'drivers side facing her' before crashing and going into the trees.

She said there was 'lots of smoke' and the incident lasted around five seconds and she was as close 10 yards from scene.

Mr Newman said the inquest showed there was no faults with the car or contamination on the road.