A FUSE box caught fire at a commercial premises in Helmshore.

Firefighters were called to Helmshore Road in Helmshore at 6.20pm yesterday.

A fire service spokesman said the fuse box was on the ground floor and the fire had briefly crept onto the first floor.

He said: "Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel and a dry powder extinguisher to put the fire out.

"They used cutting tools to ensure there was no fire left smouldering unseen and a portable fan unit to extract the smoke and heat.

"Two fire engines and crews, from Rawtenstall and Haslingden were assigned to the incident.

"There were no casualties."