A DANGEROUS sexual predator who stalked a teenager during her lunch break before attacking her has been locked up.

Judge Christopher Cornwall said he felt compelled to jail Sabir Ahmed because he represented a ‘significant risk’ and feared if he was released he may even go on to commit rape.


Ahmed’s attack in Blackburn’s King Street happened just three days after he was sentenced for exposing himself and committing sex acts on a bus in front of two women.

Preston Crown Court heard the 27-year-old was thought to have been under the influence of a pyschoactive substance known as ‘Spice’, formerly a legal high, during both incidents.

Sarah Gruffydd, prosecuting, said Ahmed left the 18-year-old girl traumatised after launching himself at her as she walked back to work from her lunch break in the town centre on March 1.

The court heard the victim passed the 27-year-old, of Bolton Road, Blackburn who was dressed all in black with his hood up at around 2pm.

But as she turned the corner into a side street, past Farmfoods, she became worried that he was walking too close to her.

Miss Gruffydd told the court the victim started to run, but Ahmed chased and grabbed hold of her.

The prosecutor said: “She screamed for help and struggled to get away.”

The court heard Ahmed forced her to the floor as he threatened to rape her.

A member of staff heard the teenager’s screams and came out of King’s Court and chased the attacker.

Th court heard he pushed him to the ground and held on to him until the police arrived.

In a victim impact statement read to the court the teenager said she now struggles to sleep and has been prescribed anti-depressants.

The court was told she feels frightened, fearful and has panic attacks and will no longer walk anywhere alone.

Just three days before Ahmed attacked the teenager, he was sentenced to a community order for the exposure and outraging public decency offences.

Judge Cornwall, sentencing, said he considered Ahmed to be a dangerous offender and said the community order was no longer sufficient.

Ahmed was handed a public protection sentence meaning he will spend four years behind bars as well as a further four years on licence.

Judge Cornwall also re-sentenced Ahmed to six months in prison and 12 months in prison to run consecutively for the latest attack for the exposure and outraging public decency offences.