SHOCK video footage has been released of a teenage terror driver who made it from the outskirts of Oldham to the edge of the M65 in just 17 minutes.

Ali Khan’s Mazda RX-8 reached speeds of 120mph as he flashed cars to get out of his way and dodged in between traffic.


Senior police have condemned the 19-year-old after releasing dramatic footage recorded by a pursuing police patrol car.

Only the intervention of a ‘stinger’ device, deployed on the A56 on the approach road to Rising Bridge roundabout, eventually slowed him down.

Even with rapidly deflating tyres he still reached speeds topping 90mph before police cars were able to bring him to a halt.

Det Con Stu Peall, a specialist road policing officer with the Greater Manchester force, said: “Khan showed a total disregard for the safety of others that night. His actions were completely reckless, putting other peoples’ lives at risk.

“It is perhaps only due to sheer good fortune that nobody was seriously injured or worse.

“At times he was driving at speeds of up to 120mph after failing to stop for police and he absolutely deserves to be behind bars now.

“I hope he will now reflect on his actions and learn lessons from this - on a different day he may have been facing even more serious charges.”

Khan, a disqualified driver, had been wanted for two days after reversing his car around a corner and fleeing police.

In the early hours of August 10 he was spotted again in Failsworth, near Oldham, but drove away at speeds touching 80mph, in a 40mph zone.

He joined the M60 Manchester ring road and reached a top speed of around 120mph before turning on to the M66 and flashing at cars to get out of his path.

Khan continued along the A56, driving at 110mph in a 50mph zone, before police seized their chance to move in.

Video footage shows Khan’s Mazda careering towards Rising Bridge roundabout and several police cars blocking any attempts to turn right, before he drives over the stinger.

But Khan still made it a considerable distance along the road, heading towards the M65, as he attempted to ram nearby patrol cars, before he was pulled over.

Khan, of William Street, Brierfield, admitted dangerous driving and disqualified driving and was jailed for 12 months. He had also been committed for sentence by Burnley magistrates for an earlier dangerous driving offence.

The father-to-be was also banned from driving for 12 months and ordered to take an extended retest before he is allowed on the roads again.

His barrister Philip Holden said Khan had a ‘great deal of growing up to do’.

Jailing him Judge Beverley Lunt said: “Such offences are far too serious and there are too many of them for me to do anything other than send you to prison.”