A Thai boxer from Trawden who smashed two teenage girls in the face outside a bar has been locked up for 36 weeks.

Sophie Hodgkinson, 21, who was out on the town after attending a boxing competition in Manchester, left her first victim with a broken nose after punching her.

The girl’s friend suffered a fractured jaw after Hodgkinson turned on her and kicked her outside Pharaoh’s, Burnley. Both victims were 16 and one needed an operation.

Burnley Crown Court heard that after injuring the teenagers, the defendant ‘re-enacted’ what she had done after turning up at another pub.

She was caught on CCTV demonstrating the techniques she had used as well as carrying out the actual attacks.

Hodgkinson, a mother of a three-year-old child and a student at Burnley College, sobbed uncontrollably as she was led from the dock to start her term behind bars.

The defendant, of Holme Crescent, had admitted two charges of assault causing actual bodily harm.

Stephen Parker, prosecuting, said that on February 26, the two victims had gone for a night out, had been drinking at a friend’s house and were in the bar shortly after midnight.

They were on the dance floor and there appeared to have been an incident between their group and another group of half a dozen women, of which the defendant was thought to be a member.

Door staff became involved and one of the victims, along with others, was escorted from the premises. Her friend came out to join her.

Mr Parker said the first victim could hear raised voices and was then punched in the nose. She didn’t see who did it, but felt like her nose had been broken. She looked around and saw her friend on the ground.

The prosecutor said: “The defendant walked over to her friend and in the words of the first complainant, stamped on her friend’s head twice. Her friend appeared unconscious at that point."

Mr Parker said the second victim only remembered being in the ambulance later.

When arrested, the defendant said: “I'm not going to lie to you. I assaulted her. She started on me.”

The defendant had a previous conviction for assault causing actual bodily harm from the youth court.

Philip Holden, defending, said she had used one punch against the first complainant and one kick against the second. She was not responsible for causing the second teenager to go to the ground.

The barrister said the defendant was now no longer involved in Thai boxing as she had broken her ankle in a walking accident in July.

Judge Beverley Lunt, who had seen the CCTV recording of the violence and of Hodgkinson afterwards, said the punch was clearly unprovoked and the kick vicious and her actions could be clearly seen on the footage.

The victims’ injuries were nasty and the judge told the defendant: “There can be no justification for what you did.”