(SUDELLSIDE STREET, DARWEN) (TEMPORARY CLOSURE, REVERSAL OF TRAFFIC AND REVOCATION OF ONE-WAY TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017Notice ID: AC3598983
THE BOROUGH OF BLACKBURN
WITH DARWEN (SUDELLSIDE STREET, DARWEN) (TEMPORARY CLOSURE, REVERSAL OF TRAFFIC AND REVOCATION OF ONE-WAY TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017 NOTICE is hereby given that the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, propose to make the above Order under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to allow drainage improvement works to be carried out. The effect of the Order is to close Sudellside Street, Darwen, to all vehicular traffic from a point 52 metres south east of its junction with Anyon Street, for a distance of 70 metres in a north westerly direction.
The further effects of the Order are to temporarily reverse the direction of traffic on Sarah Street, Darwen, from its junction with Kay Street to its junction with Industry Street with the direction of traffic flowing in a north-easterly direction, and to temporarily revoke the one-way Traffic Order currently in place on Sarah Street, Darwen. The diversion routes for affected traffic will be via;
1. For traffic travelling in a north westerly direction
- Sudellside Street, Sudell Road, Kay Street, Sarah Street, Industry Street and Atlas Road.
2. For traffic travelling in a south easterly direction - Olive Lane, Perry Street, Richmond Terrace, Atlas Road, Kay Street, Sudell Road and Sudellside Street.
3. For traffic travelling in a south westerly direction - Olive Lane, Higher Perry Street, Laurel Avenue and Anyon Street
4. For traffic travelling in a north easterly direction
- Sarah Street, Kay Street, Atlas Road, Olive Lane, Higher Perry Street, Walmsley Street and Anyon Street.
The Order will come into force on Friday, 8th September 2017, and shall continue in force for a period of eighteen months or until the works are completed whichever is the earlier. However, it is anticipated that the works will be completed on Tuesday 31st October 2017. Access for pedestrians will be maintained at all times.
Any queries concerning the closure should be made by telephoning Capita Highways (on behalf of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council) on 01254 - 273307.
DATED this 24th day of August 2017
Director of Human Resources, Legal &
Town Hall, BLACKBURN, BB1 7DY