THE BOROUGH OF BLACKBURN WITH DARWEN (KING STREET, BLACKBURN) (TEMPORARY CLOSURE) ORDER 2017Notice ID: AC3543211
THE BOROUGH OF BLACKBURN WITH DARWEN (KING STREET, BLACKBURN) (TEMPORARY CLOSURE) ORDER 2017
NOTICE is hereby given that the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, propose to make the above Order under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to allow United Utilities to carry out water repair and maintenance works. The effect of the Order is to close King Street, Blackburn to all vehicular traffic;
1. from its junction with Prince's Street for a distance of 50 metres in a north easterly direction to its junction with France Street;
2. from its junction with France Street for a distance of 125 metres in a north easterly direction;
3. at its junction with Mincing Lane, Fleming Square and Cardwell Place.
The diversion route for affected traffic will be via;
1. Prince's Street, Feilden Street, Paradise Street and France Street;
2. France Street, Paradise Street, Prince's Street, Feilden Street, Cardwell Place and King Street;
3. Cardwell Place, Astley Gate, Higher Church Street, Darwen Street, St. Peter Street, Mincing Lane, Clayton Street, Heaton Street and King Street.
The Order will come into force on Thursday, 9th March 2017, and shall continue in force for a period of eighteen months or until the works are completed whichever is the earlier. However, it is anticipated that the works will be completed by Friday 31st March 2017. Access for pedestrians and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
Anyqueries concerning the closure should be made by
telephoning Capita Highways (on behalf of Blackburn
with Darwen Borough Council) on 01254 - 273515.
DATED this 2nd day of March 2017
Director of Human Resources, Legal &
Town Hall, BLACKBURN, BB1 7DY