Leeds extended their incredible opening-day record in Super League to 14 straight wins with a 34-6 victory over Hull KR at the newly-named KC Lightstream Stadium.

Rovers, cheered on by a crowd of 11,526, were unable to give coach Craig Sandercock his first opening-day win in the three attempts.

Having seen Huddersfield and St Helens start their seasons in style, the pressure was on the Rhinos to follow suit.

In the east Hull sunshine, Leeds took the lead after just four minutes.

Rovers full-back Greg Eden spilled the ball over his try line when trying to gather Rob Burrow's kick through and centre Joel Moon was on hand to easily ground the ball. Kevin Sinfield started his season with his first successful conversion to give Leeds a 6-0 lead.

Ben Cockayne should have scored on his return to Rovers but he was unable to hold on to Kris Welham's quick pass just three metres from the Leeds try line.

Rovers were back on level terms in the 21st minute when Kris Keating dived over to score on his debut. The scrum-half, who was signed to replace Michael Dobson, took advantage of a large gap that opened up in the heart of Leeds' defence. Craig Hall converted to make it 6-6.

The Rhinos restored their lead in the 48th minute when their own debutant Tom Briscoe scored from 45 metres in the right-hand corner. Sinfield missed the touchline conversion but the visitors led 10-6.

Briscoe was celebrating his second try nine minutes later. Welham jumped out of the Rovers defensive line, missed the ball and made the try a formality for Briscoe. Sinfield again was off target with the conversion attempt, but the lead was now eight points.

Briscoe's day got even better in the 62nd minute when the former Hull winger completed his hat-trick after a superb break by Kallum Watkins. Sinfield's kicking game was still out of sorts as he missed his third kick, but Leeds led 18-6.

Two minutes later, Danny McGuire's try sealed the win. Picking up a loose pass near the halfway line, and sprinted clear of the Rovers defence to score. With a straightforward conversion, Sinfield struck the upright and missed his fourth goal.

The game was over for Rovers trailing 22-6 with 15 minutes to play.

And it got worse for the home side when Burrow broke clear and sent his full-back Zac Hardaker over near the posts. Sinfield converted to the biggest cheer of the day as Leeds extended their lead to 28-6.

With plenty of success down their right-hand side, Leeds continued to probe that side and were rewarded with another try when Watkins scored. It was a deserving try for the centre who did so much to help Briscoe score his hat-trick.

Rovers were denied a consolation try when Hall was hauled down by Carl Ablett on the halfway line just as he looked set to score.