Lancashire TelegraphOzzy Osbourne injured in house fire (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

National Entertainment News RSS Feed

Ozzy Osbourne injured in house fire

Lancashire Telegraph: A fire broke out at Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne's home A fire broke out at Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne's home

Ozzy Osbourne and wife Sharon are recovering after trying to tackle a fire that broke out at their Beverly Hills home.

The Black Sabbath rocker - who was already suffering an injured hand - singed his trademark long hair as he tried to put out the blaze, which was sparked when a candle exploded in its glass vase.

Sharon explained on TV show The Talk: "My eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up... something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room - the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."

Ozzy, who had had surgery on his hand the day before and whose arm was in a cast, tried to help put it out and opened the doors, while former America's Got Talent judge Sharon went to get water.

She continued: "I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone.

"And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."

Firefighters, who Sharon joked were "gorgeous", attended and extinguished the blaze.

She later tweeted her thanks, writing: "I want to say Thank You to everyone at the Beverly Hills Fire Department for coming to our aid and taking such good care of us this morning. "

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree