When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
The Rumour Mill - July 1
2:13pm Friday 1st July 2011 in Football transfer rumour mill
* Chile winger Alexis Sanchez is not certain to leave Udinese for Barcelona, the Italian club have said. MANCHESTER CITY and CHELSEA are also thought to be monitoring the 22-year-old.
* ARSENAL are poised to pip rivals TOTTENHAM to land 24-year-old Ivory Coast striker Gervinho from French club Lille in an £11m deal.
* LIVERPOOL have been told by Blackpool they will have to part with £9m to bring Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam to Anfield.
* ARSENAL have also been linked with a surprise move for Manchester United’s Republic of Ireland international John O’Shea.
* MANCHESTER UNITED boss Sir Alex Ferguson will look to continue his summer of spending with a move for Rennes’ France international midfielder Yann M’Vila.
* CHELSEA will turn their full attention to Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho should they fail in their attempts to land Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez and Brazil forward Neymar from Santos, both of whom they have been linked with recently.
* Barcelona turned down ‘substantial’ offers from England for midfielder Thiago Alcantara, says his father. ARSENAL, MANCHESTER UNITED and BOLTON were all understood to be interested in signing the Spain Under 21 player this summer.
* Tottenham want £20m-rated Athletic Bilbao and Spain striker Fernando Llorente, but Harry Redknapp has been told he must sell two of Robbie Keane, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe first to fund any move.
* ARSENAL remain keen on Bolton defender Gary Cahill. Wanderers want £17m for the player but Arsenal may offer Henri Lansbury or Ignasi Miguel in part exchange.
* TOTTENHAM are ready to rekindle their interest in Villarreal’s £35m-rated striker Giuseppe Rossi after his agent said a proposed move to Barcelona was ‘definitely off’.
* LIVERPOOL are reportedly taking an interest in Manchester City midfielder Jamer Milner as reports circulate that the England international may not be happy at Eastlands.
Comments are closed on this article.