Burnley in cruise control

Marvin Sordell

Marvin Sordell

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by

BURNLEY matchwinner Marvin Sordell hailed the strength in depth of the Clarets squad after his strike secured a 1-0 friendly win over Blackpool on Saturday.

The former Watford man is one of five strikers at Turf Moor and is currently battling with fellow new arrival Lukas Jutkiewicz and Ashley Barnes for the right to start alongside Danny Ings in the opening day fixture with Chelsea.

And with Welsh international Sam Vokes still to return to the squad from his cruciate ligament injury Sordell believes the Clarets have the firepower to compete in the top-flight.

“There’s a lot of competition in the squad in general really and it’s good for the team,” said Sordell.

“I think last season and how they did is because of the amount of competition there was so the standard of training rises.

“It helps the players who are playing as well as the players who are not playing. Everyone is consistently improving and we want to carry that on this season “You’ve got to make sure that you’re ready for when that opportunity comes.”

Related links

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:43pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Living the dream !!!
Living the dream !!! AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -12

2:15pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

One thing Bumley doesn't have is strength in depth. You have no strength though you are in deep however.
One thing Bumley doesn't have is strength in depth. You have no strength though you are in deep however. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -14

2:18pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
One thing Bumley doesn't have is strength in depth. You have no strength though you are in deep however.
What you actually meant to type there TurfMoorTwat was: 'You are in THE PREMIER LEAGUE' however.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: One thing Bumley doesn't have is strength in depth. You have no strength though you are in deep however.[/p][/quote]What you actually meant to type there TurfMoorTwat was: 'You are in THE PREMIER LEAGUE' however. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 9

2:22pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?
He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store? TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -11

2:46pm Mon 4 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC. RobH2O .
  • Score: 16

2:47pm Mon 4 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?
Just after you, Saturday at 7pm in Manchester. He gets paid. You take home old tomatoes.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?[/p][/quote]Just after you, Saturday at 7pm in Manchester. He gets paid. You take home old tomatoes. RobH2O .
  • Score: 8

2:50pm Mon 4 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?
Ha ha so funny you numpty, maybe it should be you looking for a slot at the Comedy Store. Not long to wait though there is Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night, cant wait to see it.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?[/p][/quote]Ha ha so funny you numpty, maybe it should be you looking for a slot at the Comedy Store. Not long to wait though there is Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night, cant wait to see it. mjp 53
  • Score: 9

2:52pm Mon 4 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Living the dream !!!
Whilst you still dream, of being in the Premiership. Just so you know its never going to happen, not in your lifetime sweetie.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Living the dream !!![/p][/quote]Whilst you still dream, of being in the Premiership. Just so you know its never going to happen, not in your lifetime sweetie. mjp 53
  • Score: 10

2:56pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Come on Nobby, you can't be this gullible. If he can do this 2 fish and 5 loaves trick while turning water into wine, do you really think he's still going to be at t'Turd after Christmas when the established Premier League clubs start their managerial merry go-round?

If he's this good he may as well sign anyone. Why's it taking so long when there are so many players going spare from the top 50 clubs where the talent gap is paper thin. Simply put, you can't win. It's hopeless. Go to the games and enjoy the experience but please do yourself a favour and step away from the computer now.
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Come on Nobby, you can't be this gullible. If he can do this 2 fish and 5 loaves trick while turning water into wine, do you really think he's still going to be at t'Turd after Christmas when the established Premier League clubs start their managerial merry go-round? If he's this good he may as well sign anyone. Why's it taking so long when there are so many players going spare from the top 50 clubs where the talent gap is paper thin. Simply put, you can't win. It's hopeless. Go to the games and enjoy the experience but please do yourself a favour and step away from the computer now. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -10

3:06pm Mon 4 Aug 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February. RTID
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February. RTID George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: -10

3:12pm Mon 4 Aug 14

andy1 says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February. RTID
Your a Tramp and have no access to a telly you only access these pages through a freebie at your local library nearest the place you dossed last night. You wont get to watch MOTD etc.
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February. RTID[/p][/quote]Your a Tramp and have no access to a telly you only access these pages through a freebie at your local library nearest the place you dossed last night. You wont get to watch MOTD etc. andy1
  • Score: 6

3:15pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -9

3:19pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -9

3:35pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 12

3:36pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad.
The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -4

3:40pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water
[quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.[/p][/quote]So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -9

3:43pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret Claretcert
  • Score: 8

3:49pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
So Sordell will be the signing of the Summer, not Fabregas or drogba? or the many other multi million pound signings of other teams. a 600k Bolton castoff, because he scored 2 against an Austrian conference side and one against Blackpool WMC.
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo
[quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]So Sordell will be the signing of the Summer, not Fabregas or drogba? or the many other multi million pound signings of other teams. a 600k Bolton castoff, because he scored 2 against an Austrian conference side and one against Blackpool WMC. Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -8

4:05pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn



ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water
And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley.

Your argument holds no water.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.[/p][/quote]So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water[/p][/quote]And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley. Your argument holds no water. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 7

4:08pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
So there isn't a talent gap in the top 50 clubs but yet there is a talent gap? Confusing this. And now this talent gap has been identified, please can you expand upon how your sorry club has attempted to bridge it by only signing reserves from the Chumpionship?
[quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.[/p][/quote]So there isn't a talent gap in the top 50 clubs but yet there is a talent gap? Confusing this. And now this talent gap has been identified, please can you expand upon how your sorry club has attempted to bridge it by only signing reserves from the Chumpionship? TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -3

4:12pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn




ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water
And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley.

Your argument holds no water.
Chelsea will show us how big the gap is between a championship team and an established premier league team.
[quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.[/p][/quote]So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water[/p][/quote]And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley. Your argument holds no water.[/p][/quote]Chelsea will show us how big the gap is between a championship team and an established premier league team. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -8

4:16pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn





ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit
Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.
Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive.

Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton.

We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.
So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water
And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley.

Your argument holds no water.
Chelsea will show us how big the gap is between a championship team and an established premier league team.
Unfortunately for you, and I know this will make you upset, but Burnley are actually a PREMIER LEAGUE team - we got promoted from your sh1itty division with 93 big massive points last season.

So the Burnley v Chelsea clash is a Premier League game and is actually live on Monday Night Football on Sky Sports.

Jealous much? Yup, thought so.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]Is that why we beat Blackpool mechanics WMC 1-0 ? I thought it was because they were s hit[/p][/quote]Don't be daft, it's commonly accepted that the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin - Blackpool's trialists were as good a test as anyone.[/p][/quote]Well the talent gap between the PREMIER LEAGUE and THE CHUMPIONSHIP is fcuking massive. Hence why we are playing Chelsea and Arsenal and you are playing Rotherham and Charlton. We are massive, you are tiny, deal with it.[/p][/quote]So why did we only beat Blackpool WMC 1-0 ? And Blackburn drew with Stoke. Your argument holds no water[/p][/quote]And we beat Accrington and Blackburn only drew with them thanks to two horrendous errors at the back for Stanley. Your argument holds no water.[/p][/quote]Chelsea will show us how big the gap is between a championship team and an established premier league team.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you, and I know this will make you upset, but Burnley are actually a PREMIER LEAGUE team - we got promoted from your sh1itty division with 93 big massive points last season. So the Burnley v Chelsea clash is a Premier League game and is actually live on Monday Night Football on Sky Sports. Jealous much? Yup, thought so. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 6

4:22pm Mon 4 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad.
Well, looking at last seasons Championship and how it all concluded, its Blackpool for promotion and the reflective vest and cones guy at your rich mans cast-off gyn palace will take you lot down.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad.[/p][/quote]Well, looking at last seasons Championship and how it all concluded, its Blackpool for promotion and the reflective vest and cones guy at your rich mans cast-off gyn palace will take you lot down. RobH2O .
  • Score: 6

4:59pm Mon 4 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
So Sordell will be the signing of the Summer, not Fabregas or drogba? or the many other multi million pound signings of other teams. a 600k Bolton castoff, because he scored 2 against an Austrian conference side and one against Blackpool WMC.
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo
No no. The signing of the summer was Reg Varney. Who can top that when he can give you a free bus ride.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]So Sordell will be the signing of the Summer, not Fabregas or drogba? or the many other multi million pound signings of other teams. a 600k Bolton castoff, because he scored 2 against an Austrian conference side and one against Blackpool WMC. Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo[/p][/quote]No no. The signing of the summer was Reg Varney. Who can top that when he can give you a free bus ride. tall in the saddle
  • Score: -4

5:03pm Mon 4 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.
What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money. tall in the saddle
  • Score: -1

5:09pm Mon 4 Aug 14

ZomZom@thePark says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?
Straight after Meet the Venkys 10:00 Wednesday night.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: He's a funny guy actually Sordell when you put this article and his fortress statements together. Does anyone know when he's next on at the Comedy Store?[/p][/quote]Straight after Meet the Venkys 10:00 Wednesday night. ZomZom@thePark
  • Score: 6

5:28pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.
Do you know that if that creepy inadequate Blackbur troll wrote random sentences for 25 years he'd never come close to these that sum things up perfectly. It's been on here all day and the sum total of all that effort is another 4000 words for the dossier that says 'bipolar ramblings of an inadequate male 2009-14 volume 47 (August 1st-15th)'. This is why Burnley fans are respected everywhere except in the land of the damned. We're realistic, optimistic and cheerful. What a season we're heading for.
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.[/p][/quote]Do you know that if that creepy inadequate Blackbur troll wrote random sentences for 25 years he'd never come close to these that sum things up perfectly. It's been on here all day and the sum total of all that effort is another 4000 words for the dossier that says 'bipolar ramblings of an inadequate male 2009-14 volume 47 (August 1st-15th)'. This is why Burnley fans are respected everywhere except in the land of the damned. We're realistic, optimistic and cheerful. What a season we're heading for. Claretcert
  • Score: 4

5:36pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.
And we only beat them 1-0, embarrassing really eh,
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.[/p][/quote]And we only beat them 1-0, embarrassing really eh, AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -5

6:50pm Mon 4 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

RobH2O . wrote:
Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning.

This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can.

He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end.

UTC.
A very good posting this. Dyche is obviously in a bit of a fiscal straightjacket but with such talent as he has will vome through.
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Dyche was interviewed by Claret Player 2 days ago. He articulated what he planned to do. He was, frankly, excellent. The concept of 'the group" has been taken further. The sports' science guys are working on how to support your colleagues on the field of play. Unless you are world class, the talent gap between players in the top 50 clubs is paper thin. You need to ensure that your payers have a mindset, fitness and individual game plans that tie together. Burnley's were so good last season that players who, generally speaking, had achieved so little went on to go and achieve so much. The new players are now going through this. Matt Taylor is astonished. And the existing group are now taking "step-up" mental and physically conditioning. This is a manager and his team are doing their job - and to some tune. However, he did say that Burnley's transfer budget has been rendered vulnerable because of events in the market - he obliquely referred to £11m for McCormack who was seen as a £6m player. That transfer blew up in a number of clubs faces as well as Burnley; Leicester and QPR for example. They are angst about how much they are having to pay out. Sadly, we have the angst but can't make the payments they can. He says he wants two more players "over the line" this week and he's working to that end. UTC.[/p][/quote]A very good posting this. Dyche is obviously in a bit of a fiscal straightjacket but with such talent as he has will vome through. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 4

7:01pm Mon 4 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.
[quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 4

7:03pm Mon 4 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad.
Don't need to Barry, Blackpool are in your division and they will take 6 points off you. Reg Varney will go missing on the prom only to be found later driving a tram on the pier front.
Oh by the way Barry im still here !!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: The difference between Burnley and Blackpool was paper thin, Blackpool are favourites to get relegated from the championship , extrapolate that a tad.[/p][/quote]Don't need to Barry, Blackpool are in your division and they will take 6 points off you. Reg Varney will go missing on the prom only to be found later driving a tram on the pier front. Oh by the way Barry im still here !!!!!!! mjp 53
  • Score: 4

7:05pm Mon 4 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.
Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January?
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.[/p][/quote]Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January? mjp 53
  • Score: 0

7:07pm Mon 4 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Claretcert wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.
Do you know that if that creepy inadequate Blackbur troll wrote random sentences for 25 years he'd never come close to these that sum things up perfectly. It's been on here all day and the sum total of all that effort is another 4000 words for the dossier that says 'bipolar ramblings of an inadequate male 2009-14 volume 47 (August 1st-15th)'. This is why Burnley fans are respected everywhere except in the land of the damned. We're realistic, optimistic and cheerful. What a season we're heading for.
This statement comes from the little ray of sunshine that is Claretcert-lifter, the most cheerful soul in the universe. The most realistic individual award winner 2014 that believes simply adding a couple of Championship reserves, a last payday journeyman and a table warmer for your physio to an overachieving threadbare Championship squad is going to make them somehow competitive in the Premier League. Even more realistic than that is his belief that Bumley fans are respected everywhere, even Sheffield Wednesday pensioners just last season confirmed this 'fact'.
[quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: What a mess Blackpool are in. This is why clubs have to make the right appointments and be prudent with their money.[/p][/quote]Do you know that if that creepy inadequate Blackbur troll wrote random sentences for 25 years he'd never come close to these that sum things up perfectly. It's been on here all day and the sum total of all that effort is another 4000 words for the dossier that says 'bipolar ramblings of an inadequate male 2009-14 volume 47 (August 1st-15th)'. This is why Burnley fans are respected everywhere except in the land of the damned. We're realistic, optimistic and cheerful. What a season we're heading for.[/p][/quote]This statement comes from the little ray of sunshine that is Claretcert-lifter, the most cheerful soul in the universe. The most realistic individual award winner 2014 that believes simply adding a couple of Championship reserves, a last payday journeyman and a table warmer for your physio to an overachieving threadbare Championship squad is going to make them somehow competitive in the Premier League. Even more realistic than that is his belief that Bumley fans are respected everywhere, even Sheffield Wednesday pensioners just last season confirmed this 'fact'. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: 0

7:35pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

mjp 53 wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.
Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January?
I think he's going elsewhere and to be fair if the reports of 10 mil even with add ons are true. Might have to see how the current lads get on. The CB looks the main focus now, but for me we need depth as Duff could start and see if experience counts for more than pace but we need a plan B. Troy will leave Watford if anyone's daft enough to shell out 10 mil but odd that PL team has approached us for a far better striker in Ings? I'm sure there's a lot of agents and journalists stirring it up. He's worth 10 if somebody will pay that but that somebody isn't us.
[quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.[/p][/quote]Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January?[/p][/quote]I think he's going elsewhere and to be fair if the reports of 10 mil even with add ons are true. Might have to see how the current lads get on. The CB looks the main focus now, but for me we need depth as Duff could start and see if experience counts for more than pace but we need a plan B. Troy will leave Watford if anyone's daft enough to shell out 10 mil but odd that PL team has approached us for a far better striker in Ings? I'm sure there's a lot of agents and journalists stirring it up. He's worth 10 if somebody will pay that but that somebody isn't us. Claretcert
  • Score: -3

8:55pm Mon 4 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

mjp 53 wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
Claretcert wrote:
Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret
He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.
Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January?
LOL
[quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Again folks it's hard to focus on a story when you have a bipolar disorder suffering troll from Blackburn talking to his many selves online all day (jobless and gormless). But if we treat the troll like a recruiting sergeant would have in 1914 - run along now you stupid unbalanced surrender monkey - rather than putting peas in his pea shooter by dignifying the child with a response - then returning to the football, I think Sordell could be the signing of the summer. He knows where the goal is and for me he'll just get the nod ahead of Barnes for being that bit more of a handful. We needed more options and with Juke and Sordell added its great to be a Claret[/p][/quote]He's got more than bi-polar disorder hss this cretin. Lrt's see who gets the nod upfront with Ings. Barnes will have improved and he is a physical handful. I believe Sam is coming along nicely. Its the regime as you know.[/p][/quote]Would have been nice to get Deeney as well. Maybe he will go back in for him in January?[/p][/quote]LOL AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree