Jutkiewicz set for Clarets debut in Austrian friendly

Burnley training in Austria

Burnley training in Austria

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Burnley FC reporter

LUKAS Jutkiewicz could be one of five new signings to make their unofficial Burnley debut in the Clarets’ first friendly on Sunday.

The striker is the latest addition to manager Sean Dyche’s Premier League recruitment drive, jetting in on day two of their pre-season tour of Austria to join up with fellow new boys Matthew Gilks, Matt Taylor, Steven Reid and Marvin Sordell.

Dyche’s first summer signing, Michael Kightly, sits out the friendly with FC Grossklein due to injury, but of course is no stranger to Clarets fans having spent almost all of last season on loan from Stoke City.

And Jutkiewicz is eagerly anticipating his first run-out.

“I’m looking forward to getting as much action as I possibly can,” said the 25-year-old, whose £1.5million move from Middlesbrough went through on Tuesday. That meant a quick dash across Europe in time for the second of two training sessions that day.

But the former Everton and Coventry forward felt it was important to be involved with his new team-mates at the earliest opportunity, even if it meant enduring the challenge of what has become known as “the gaffer’s day”, when boss Dyche tests the physical and mental strength of his players.

“It’s been described as more of a mental battle and you can see the strength mentally from the squad last season, how they push themselves over the line and it’s things like those sorts of exercises that can get you there,” said Jutkiewicz.

He joked that he was tempted to put the transfer back a few days to avoid the gruelling session, but added: “It’s always good to get in as early into pre-season as possible and I was keen to get here for the training camp because it’s a good way to integrate yourself with a new team.

“I will be working as hard as I can to get as fit and as sharp for the new season.”

Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League.

Of their Austrian base in Bad Waltersdorf last season’s ever-present said: “It’s a great hotel, the food’s been great. There’s been a lot of work but that’s what we need and it will get us ready for the start of the season.

“The lads are looking good and fit.”

And the centre half is impressed with the signings who have been added to the squad since promotion, particularly the experienced players.

“Matty Taylor and Steven Reid have been around a long time so they know what it’s all about,” said the 30-year-old.

“They are great additions to the squad. Gilksy (Matt Gilks) as well. I played with him at Norwich and he is a very good keeper.

“There have been some great additions so far and hopefully we can add one or two more.”

Burnley will wear their new black away kit for the first time on Sunday (kick-off 4pm BST).

And the design has met with Shackell’s approval.

“I really like it. We’ve got two good kits this year,” he said.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:44pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Rovertheedge says...

Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement Rovertheedge
  • Score: -13

1:02pm Fri 18 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself
Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -23

1:03pm Fri 18 Jul 14

mjp 53 says...

Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! mjp 53
  • Score: 12

1:04pm Fri 18 Jul 14

mjp 53 says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself
Get back in your box Barry, things must be quiet at Deadwood today. Not signed any more league 1 hopefuls, lol.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself[/p][/quote]Get back in your box Barry, things must be quiet at Deadwood today. Not signed any more league 1 hopefuls, lol. mjp 53
  • Score: 24

1:04pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing.

Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.
[quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing. Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no. Super CIaret
  • Score: 8

1:30pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Frisson says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing.

Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.
You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!!


RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS)
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing. Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.[/p][/quote]You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!! RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS) Frisson
  • Score: -11

1:30pm Fri 18 Jul 14

kfc yummy says...

Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Boring Barry.
[quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]Boring Barry. kfc yummy
  • Score: 11

1:32pm Fri 18 Jul 14

kfc yummy says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself
Boring Barry.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself[/p][/quote]Boring Barry. kfc yummy
  • Score: 15

1:52pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

How many times?

He has been brought in as replacement for Sam Vokes who will be out until at least Christmas.

Your fascination with Danny Ings' future is just making you look childishly silly now.

He has already said he WILL start the season as a Burnley player. Whether he leaves in January is another matter, so you can look forward to leaving more peurile nonsense, as kiddies do, through December and January.

And I never ever thought I would see a Rovers fan boasting about a player they picked up for nothing from League 1. However it is a sign of how things have changed there, gone are the days of big money strikers such as Cole, Shearer, Sutton etc where they just got the cheque book out. Now it's Brown and Varney from Doncaster and Leeds reserves.

You can accuse us all you want of shopping in Poundland, but at least we're not rummaging through the bins around the back of Poundland.
How many times? He has been brought in as replacement for Sam Vokes who will be out until at least Christmas. Your fascination with Danny Ings' future is just making you look childishly silly now. He has already said he WILL start the season as a Burnley player. Whether he leaves in January is another matter, so you can look forward to leaving more peurile nonsense, as kiddies do, through December and January. And I never ever thought I would see a Rovers fan boasting about a player they picked up for nothing from League 1. However it is a sign of how things have changed there, gone are the days of big money strikers such as Cole, Shearer, Sutton etc where they just got the cheque book out. Now it's Brown and Varney from Doncaster and Leeds reserves. You can accuse us all you want of shopping in Poundland, but at least we're not rummaging through the bins around the back of Poundland. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 14

1:57pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

Frisson wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing.

Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.
You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!!


RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS)
...and this from a fan of the club that paid £7,000,000 for Kevin Davies. What did it work out at? £3,500,000 per goal? (*)
Now THAT is funny?

(* rough estimate, but I do recall he scored in both matches against Charlton that season)

RTYAASSD (relegated two years ago and still staying down)
[quote][p][bold]Frisson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing. Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.[/p][/quote]You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!! RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS)[/p][/quote]...and this from a fan of the club that paid £7,000,000 for Kevin Davies. What did it work out at? £3,500,000 per goal? (*) Now THAT is funny? (* rough estimate, but I do recall he scored in both matches against Charlton that season) RTYAASSD (relegated two years ago and still staying down) Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 11

2:09pm Fri 18 Jul 14

j bee says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
Frisson wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Rovertheedge wrote:
Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement
Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing.

Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.
You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!!


RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS)
...and this from a fan of the club that paid £7,000,000 for Kevin Davies. What did it work out at? £3,500,000 per goal? (*)
Now THAT is funny?

(* rough estimate, but I do recall he scored in both matches against Charlton that season)

RTYAASSD (relegated two years ago and still staying down)
what about grabbi, kanic , ferguson all cost millions and jack set the record transfer fees at that
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Frisson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rovertheedge[/bold] wrote: Oh lets see how he gets on as Ings replacement[/p][/quote]Another day, another crying no-dad desperate to find some kind of negative in Burnley signing a player his own club can no longer afford. Embarrassing. Simple question for you... Burnley are in the Premier League, are Blackburn Rovers? Yes or no.[/p][/quote]You have signed a Boro cast off who scored less than the freebie we got from Doncaster who is only with us for cover for our front two and you expect this guy to bang them in for you in the Prem? haha, dream on!!! RBC (RELEGATED BEFORE CHRISTMAS)[/p][/quote]...and this from a fan of the club that paid £7,000,000 for Kevin Davies. What did it work out at? £3,500,000 per goal? (*) Now THAT is funny? (* rough estimate, but I do recall he scored in both matches against Charlton that season) RTYAASSD (relegated two years ago and still staying down)[/p][/quote]what about grabbi, kanic , ferguson all cost millions and jack set the record transfer fees at that j bee
  • Score: 10

2:11pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

exactly my point, big money signings are no guarantee of success.

Harry Redknapp knows all about that.
exactly my point, big money signings are no guarantee of success. Harry Redknapp knows all about that. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 9

2:11pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dublin Claret says...

lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead.
Poor old rovers fans just don't get it.
They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.
lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead. Poor old rovers fans just don't get it. They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions. Dublin Claret
  • Score: 8

2:58pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Rob_H2O says...

Dublin Claret wrote:
lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead.
Poor old rovers fans just don't get it.
They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.
Go to go with that Dublin. In fact they have proved conclusively that know all about stuff dysfunctional. They wrote the book.
[quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead. Poor old rovers fans just don't get it. They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.[/p][/quote]Go to go with that Dublin. In fact they have proved conclusively that know all about stuff dysfunctional. They wrote the book. Rob_H2O
  • Score: 4

3:01pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Rob_H2O says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself
Good man. Always right behind his club. Supports them to the hilt this guy. Negativity never won Jack did it, oh Fake Olympic.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Dyche plays The Joker. Batman must be beanIñg imself[/p][/quote]Good man. Always right behind his club. Supports them to the hilt this guy. Negativity never won Jack did it, oh Fake Olympic. Rob_H2O
  • Score: 2

3:04pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Rob_H2O says...

Frisson, you can't be relegated before Christmas. If you lost every match until Christmas, it doesn't mathematically guarantee relegation. And the season doesn't end at Christmas. Don't go displaying just what a dumbo you are, there's a good little retard.
Frisson, you can't be relegated before Christmas. If you lost every match until Christmas, it doesn't mathematically guarantee relegation. And the season doesn't end at Christmas. Don't go displaying just what a dumbo you are, there's a good little retard. Rob_H2O
  • Score: 10

3:05pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Trick82 says...

Yawn....
Rovers fans **** about nonsense again. almost as predictable as their predictably sh**e club.
I wonder does this make them feel a little better??
Can't imagine how i'd feel if my club was millions in debt with a ffp on the horizon and owners that seem more content in embarassing the fans than getting behind them.
Still there must be some silver lining... Wait, no there really isn't.
Well in that case you just keep on venting your frustrations on Burnley forums.
Yawn.... Rovers fans **** about nonsense again. almost as predictable as their predictably sh**e club. I wonder does this make them feel a little better?? Can't imagine how i'd feel if my club was millions in debt with a ffp on the horizon and owners that seem more content in embarassing the fans than getting behind them. Still there must be some silver lining... Wait, no there really isn't. Well in that case you just keep on venting your frustrations on Burnley forums. Trick82
  • Score: 7

3:35pm Fri 18 Jul 14

kitchener2 says...

Dublin Claret wrote:
lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead.
Poor old rovers fans just don't get it.
They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.
hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock!
[quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead. Poor old rovers fans just don't get it. They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.[/p][/quote]hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock! kitchener2
  • Score: -8

3:38pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

kitchener2 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead.
Poor old rovers fans just don't get it.
They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.
hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock!
I have been to the Lancashire equivalent of Bedrock. In fact I saw Burnley come from behind to take the points and condem Bedrock Rovers to another season in the second tier.
[quote][p][bold]kitchener2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead. Poor old rovers fans just don't get it. They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.[/p][/quote]hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock![/p][/quote]I have been to the Lancashire equivalent of Bedrock. In fact I saw Burnley come from behind to take the points and condem Bedrock Rovers to another season in the second tier. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 3

3:47pm Fri 18 Jul 14

kfc yummy says...

kitchener2 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead.
Poor old rovers fans just don't get it.
They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.
hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock!
You don't seem to have been to school.
[quote][p][bold]kitchener2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: lt looks like "all systems go". Exciting times ahead. Poor old rovers fans just don't get it. They seem to have completely forgotten how a community club functions.[/p][/quote]hahaha....nice one paddy, a community club in Bonleh is one the some Neanderthal uses on a Saturday nite to club some other Neanderthals over the head with......you've obviously never been to lancashires answer to Bedrock![/p][/quote]You don't seem to have been to school. kfc yummy
  • Score: 7

5:50pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Staying down forever no-dads.... love Clarets.x
Staying down forever no-dads.... love Clarets.x Super CIaret
  • Score: -1

9:22pm Fri 18 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Well, how did the joker go on?
Well, how did the joker go on? AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -4

10:40pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Well, how did the joker go on?
They dont play until Sunday.
Moron.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Well, how did the joker go on?[/p][/quote]They dont play until Sunday. Moron. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 3

11:49pm Fri 18 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
Well, how did the joker go on?
They dont play until Sunday.
Moron.
So you think he's a Joker too?
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Well, how did the joker go on?[/p][/quote]They dont play until Sunday. Moron.[/p][/quote]So you think he's a Joker too? AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -6

8:18am Sat 19 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Dead Sun Rising wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
Well, how did the joker go on?
They dont play until Sunday.
Moron.
So you think he's a Joker too?
No. But I do think you are a moron.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Well, how did the joker go on?[/p][/quote]They dont play until Sunday. Moron.[/p][/quote]So you think he's a Joker too?[/p][/quote]No. But I do think you are a moron. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 3

9:44am Sat 19 Jul 14

Forever Blue says...

Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League.

Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.
Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League. Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances. Forever Blue
  • Score: -7

9:52am Sat 19 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

Forever Blue wrote:
Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League.

Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.
Morons a - plenty.
[quote][p][bold]Forever Blue[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League. Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.[/p][/quote]Morons a - plenty. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 2

2:48pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Forever Blue says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League.

Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.
Morons a - plenty.
Stats and truth hurts numpty
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Forever Blue[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League. Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.[/p][/quote]Morons a - plenty.[/p][/quote]Stats and truth hurts numpty Forever Blue
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

Forever Blue wrote:
Dead Sun Rising wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League.

Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.
Morons a - plenty.
Stats and truth hurts numpty
No they dont. But seeing your bitter rivals a division above after all you have spent over the last 30 years or so probably does.

We'll be fine and I will worry about us when we find ourselves plucking 29 year old journeymen out of League 1.
[quote][p][bold]Forever Blue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Forever Blue[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile, captain Jason Shackell is confident the training camp will get the Clarets primed for the Premier League. Oh well you will know with a vast knowledge and experience of playing in the premier league OLD man and ex - Norwich City squad player with only a hand full of appearances.[/p][/quote]Morons a - plenty.[/p][/quote]Stats and truth hurts numpty[/p][/quote]No they dont. But seeing your bitter rivals a division above after all you have spent over the last 30 years or so probably does. We'll be fine and I will worry about us when we find ourselves plucking 29 year old journeymen out of League 1. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree